This is a continuation of the series which started with Hair Care. The other posts covered Eye care, Coughs, Digestive disorders, Head aches, and Skin care among other topics. The information in this series is the knowledge of my grandmother, which I documented as part of a project on medicinal plants and home remedies.
- Sugar cane juice helps in recovery from jaundice.
- Keezhanelli (a herb related to the Amla plant) is ground in water up to the root and consumed with buttermilk or by itself early in the morning and in the evening.
- Elani (coconut water), orange juice, mosambi juice, nel pori (puffed rice) is consumed with curd.
- Curd rice with onion. No regular salt or oil should be consumed instead Induppu (Potassium Chloride) is used.
- Karisilankanni or ponnanganni keerai (types of spinach) is good for jaundice too.
The pictures used in this series are inserted from other websites. I have used them only to illustrate the ingredients used in the remedies.