This is a continuation of the series which started with Hair Care. The other posts covered Eye care, Coughs, Digestive disorders, Head aches, and Skin care among other topics. The information in this series is the knowledge of my grandmother, which I documented as part of a project on medicinal plants and home remedies.
- A charcoal piece on fire is placed on a pile of husk and left till everything is burnt. The residue is sieved and to the fine powder, salt is added. This is called Umikkari. This is used as tooth powder which is an alternate to toothpaste.
- Banyan prop roots and Vela-mara gum or its stick can be used for dental hygiene, to resolve bad breath and oral ulcers.
- Kraambu thailam (Clove oils) is good for tooth aches.
- A teaspoon of cinnamon powder and five teaspoons of honey are made into a paste and applied on the aching tooth. This is done thrice a day till the ache stops.
- Neem sticks are cleaned with sand paper and used as tooth brushes.
The pictures used in this series are inserted from other websites. I have used them only to illustrate the ingredients used in the remedies.