This is a continuation of the series which started with Hair Care. The other posts covered Eye care, Coughs, Digestive disorders, Head aches, and Skin Care among other topics. The information in this series is the knowledge of my grandmother, which I documented as part of a project on medicinal plants and home remedies.
2) Snuff or chili is heated and inhaled to revive the unconscious.
3) Cold water on Uchantalai (top of head) or lying down feet raised and head lowered are both good for nose bleeding.
4) To lose excess weight warm lime juice with honey is taken on an empty stomach every morning.
5) Squished ginger, lime juice and sugar are taken before or during travel to prevent travel sickness.
6) For burning sensation, Dosa batter is applied.
7) For itching, Tulsi with salt is applied.
8) Nochi elai, veepa elai (Neem leaves) are boiled and let to cool by itself. This is used to have a bath with.
9) Nallennai is applied all over hair and skin and let to soak for some time. A bath after this leaves the skin and hair softer and shinier.
10) Eating onions help ease constriction in bronchial tubes which helps in asthma.
11) Fry salt and let it settle in water and then apply it on the rheumatic areas. This decreases the pain.