This is a continuation of the series which started with Hair Care. The other posts covered Eye care, Coughs, Digestive disorders, Head aches, and Skin care among other topics. The information in this series is the knowledge of my grandmother, which I documented as part of a project on medicinal plants and home remedies.
Let me add here that these remedies are not a cure to cancer but may help preventing it. I strongly suggest these are used in addition to other recommended treatments, not instead of them.
- Wheat bran and cabbage helps maintain oestrogen at healthy levels which prevents and slows down breast cancer.
- Orange and green vegetables help slowing down lung cancer.
- Papaya is a good source of vitamin C and helps as an anti-oxidant absorbing cancer correlated Nitrosamines from soil or processed fruits.
- Garlic’s immune enhancing compounds block carcinogens from entering cells and slows tumor development.
- Sweet potato contains beta-carotene which protects DNA in the cell nucleus from cancer causing chemicals.
- Turmeric is anticarcinogenic
Here is an excellent TED talk about Angiogenesis and Cancer by William Li. He talks about an underlying similarity between many types of cancer and what kind of food will help slow it down or prevent it altogether. It is only 20 minutes and very well worth the watch. http://www.ted.com/talks/william_li.html
The pictures used in this series are inserted from other websites. I have used them only to illustrate the ingredients used in the remedies.