This is a continuation of the series which started with Hair Care. The other posts covered Eye care, Coughs, Digestive disorders, Head aches, and Skin Care among other topics. The information in this series is the knowledge of my grandmother, which I documented as part of a project on medicinal plants and home remedies. In earlier posts, honey and cinnamon have served many uses but there are some here which don’t fall under those categories. I couldn’t leave them out.
Let’s start with two about arthritis:
1) For arthritis, one part of honey to two parts of lukewarm water is added to a small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. This is made into a paste and massaged on the itching part. This reduces pain within minutes.
2) Every morning and night one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder is consumed. If this is done daily, even chronic arthritis can be treated.
Here are two related to fertility!
3) Honey is used in strengthening of semen in men. If impotent men regularly take two teaspoons of honey before sleeping fertility is increased.
4) To strengthen the uterus, cinnamon powder in half a teaspoon of honey is mixed and applied on the gums frequently throughout the day.
Fresh breath, bladder infections, cholesterol and insomnia;
5) A teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder is mixed with hot water and used to gargle the mouth with first thing in the morning to keep breath fresh throughout the day
6) Two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water is consumed. This destroys germs of the bladder and prevents bladder infections.
7) Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of cinnamon powder is mixed in 16 ounces of tea water for cholesterol patients since it reduces it by 10% within two hours. If taken thrice a day, even chronic cholesterol can be cured. This also helps strengthen heart beat and relieves loss of breath.
8) Honey is used as a tranquilizer and sedative for insomnia.
More to come!